Think about when you are doing your best creative work:
- where are you?
- what is important about your environment?
- what things do you need to have at hand?
- what time of the day is it?
- what did you do just before you entered into this state?
Think about what disrupts your creative flow:
- what environments are too distracting?
- at what times during the day do you lack focus?
- what sounds, smells or other sensory inputs put you off?
- what else takes you off track?
Think about how you best relax to allow your thoughts to incubate and marinate:
- what do you do to wind down?
- what sort of activities help your ideas to just bubble up?
- what inspires you and makes you happy?
- what type of exercise relaxes or rejuvenates you?
- what is the best place and time for you to quieten your mind?
Based on this new self-awareness, create a daily plan for the next 7 days that will really help you optimize your creative flow.
Bring the group together and ask everyone to share:
- when and where do you get your best ideas?
- what sorts of things disrupt your creative flow?
Ask the group to share what they’ve learned from the discussion.
Create agreements around how to respect each person’s individual preferences.